Thursday, September 22, 2011

Muslims...

When I was a kid,
my father bought me a "telekung"
He told me to wear it, and just to follow what he did when performing shalat.
I didn't know why, but he told me that.."we r muslim, we have to pray like this"
n then I know, oh, I'M A MUSLIM..

And so, Muslims pray..



One day, I heard my mum read a book by saying language I barely understood,
then she said to me.."this is a quran, Muslims read quran"
n so I thought.."O, Muslims need to perform shalat and read quran"

So then, she sent me to learn how to read quran..



then one day, when I get into school..
I met some friends
She was covering her hair..
My teacher told me, "Muslim girls must cover their hair"
I did'nt understand why..but then I learn again somethg new..
"O, Muslims shalat, read quran and the girls have to cover their hair"
So, when I went home, I told my mom abt it..
And the next time, I went to school with my hair covered..(although not completely at that time)



There was a month,
when suddenly my dad n mom didnt eat and drink at all during the day,
I did'nt understand why,
but then my mom said.."Muslims have to fast during Ramadhan"..

"O, so Muslims perform shalat,read quran, the girls need to cover their hair and fast"

Why?why??why?????

*********************************

Now, as I'm growing..
I have learned that Muslims don't just perform shalat, read quran, cover their hair and fast for nothing..
As all of them are for Allah, my Creator, my Guardian, the Almighty, the One that never sleeps, the Listener, the Helper.
Allah is the reason for all that..
Shalat, so that I will never forget about Allah, and will keep on remember Him
Reading the quran, so that I can learn more about Islam, what Allah wants me to do and don't..
Covering my aurat(not only hair), so that people treat me with respect and reminds me to take care of my image too as I am bringing the image of Islam as well..
Fast, to remind me to be thankful to Allah, to remind me how many unfortunate people out there are trying to survive without food and drinks..



There are soo much in Islam than just shalat,fast and read the Quran..
but all are after one thing, making ourselves a better person in this life and the hereafter..



"He gives wisdom to whom He wills, and whoever has been given wisdom has certainly been given much good. And none will remember except those of understanding"(al-Baqarah : 269)



No comments:

Post a Comment