Monday, February 25, 2013

Corporate


When I was a small kid, I wanted to be in the air force. Yes. Ganas indeed.

But, as I started to grow up, my parents have helped me in shaping my path and future.
Since my dad has been in the corporate world, he has shaped me in such a way that someday I will be in the corporate world as well.

Frankly speaking, that was not what I wanted in my life. I never ever planned that someday I will look at the companies reports, discuss about money, staying alert on what is happening on the world economy etc etc.
I had a big dream when I held my SPM certificate that is to be an aeronautical engineer. I don’t know why but the aeroplanes have fascinated me since young.

However, my dad’s dream was bigger.

Guess what, I like being in the corporate world. Talks about money, investments, millions/billions ringgit projects. Of course, I have not yet reach to that stage of making decision. However, I have experience helping the corporate to make decision even if it was as little as preparing the price summary.

Say you are driving by a building; some will be amazed by the design of the building and will ask “who is the Architect?”
Some will be amazed on the structure and strength of the building and ask “who is the engineer?”
But, who initiates it? A company.

Yes, we don’t know how to design a building in such a way it is beautiful in the eyes of the society.
Yes, we don’t know what to use as the foundation of a building.
But, a company has to know every story behind the building.

The architect must have consent from the company before proceeding.
The engineer must have consent from the company before proceeding.
All of that just to make sure everything is under control and as planned by the company.

Here, I am not saying that being in a corporate world is the best. Yet, I am just emphasizing that being in the corporate world has its own challenges and joy as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment